The following events are accepting registrations:
- 2023 club membership (required for our two peakbagging events)
- May 20, 2023, Backyard Ultra (ultrarunning) webpage, register
- June 17-18, 2023, Lost One Standing (orienteering) (six hour map trek and last person standing) webpage, register
- July 1, 2023, John Cappis 50k (peakbagging) webpage, register
2022 Series Results
Check out the results!
Learn to Make an Orienteering Map
Check out our miniature mapping project at the San Juan Overlook. Follow along and see if you can replicate our step-by-step process to make your own orienteering map!
Current status: We completed the map and held an informal club training session on October 23, 2021. The tutorial is about half written, but we should have more installments in 2023.
And here is the current status of all of our mapping projects:
- Ironton A large area between Crystal Lake and the Idarado Mine. Will be used for the 2023 Lost One Standing. In future years, the mapping project will be expanded to the south.
- Ouray Amphitheater We used this area for the 2022 Lost One. The existing map will be revised with 5m contours derived from Lidar.
- Electric Hills A couple thousand acres are being mapped for a future event
- San Juan Overlook The existing map will be revised with 5m contours derived from Lidar.